Cars For Homes
About This Campaign
Do you have an old or unneeded car, truck, boat or other vehicle sitting in your driveway, or taking up space in your garage? Consider donating it to Habitat for Humanity through Cars for Homes. Not only will you be helping Habitat provide decent, affordable housing, you might be helping the environment as well.
Why should I donate my car?
- One hundred percent of the net proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle will be used by your local Habitat affiliate to build and repair affordable homes.
- You may qualify for a tax deduction for donating a vehicle.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
- Thirty percent of cars donated to Habitat are recycled for materials or sold for reusable parts.
- Recycling steel uses less energy and natural resources and produces less carbon pollution.
- Taking an inefficient older car off the road helps save gas and improves air quality.
Follow Us On Social Media:
Campaign to Support Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads
Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads (Habitat SHR) was founded in 1988. Dedicated to making affordable housing a matter of conscience and action, Habitat SHR completed its first home in 1990, in Portsmouth’s Prentis Park neighborhood. The organization has since afforded more than 200 families the opportunity to become homeowners.
Habitat home owners and their families experience a positive, wide-reaching, and permanent impact. Simply having a quiet place to do homework and a safe neighborhood in which to play greatly benefits children. The stability of homeownership is shown to be instrumental in building successful families, neighborhoods, and communities.