About This Campaign
Here are a few things to remember on your volunteer day:
1) Wear closed-toe shoes and dress in layers. Our warehouse is not climate controlled, and there is heavy equipment. Please dress appropriately and safely. Also, if needed, wear glasses, as you will be reading food labels!
2) HAVE FUN! We love meeting new people, listening to stories, and working together to have a hunger-free community! Our team at the Community Food Bank is proud to work with you!
Thank you for giving your time to help neighbors at risk of hunger in our community!
Location / Venue
- 107 Walter Davis Drive
- Birmingham, AL 35209
- Feb 23, 2018 09:00 am to
- Feb 23, 2018 11:30 am
Campaign to Support Community Food Bank of Central Alabama
The Community Food Bank of Central Alabama’s mission is to feed people in need today and foster collaborative solutions to end hunger tomorrow. We accomplish this mission by supplying 11 million meals a year to 230 food pantries, shelters and children’s programs in 12 counties of Central Alabama.
We also create healthy food access by feeding children at risk of hunger during school breaks, delivering fresh produce to residents living in isolated communities and providing food to under-nourished mothers of critically ill infants through on-site hospital food pantries.
- From I-65 North, take exit 256A and turn left at the bottom of the ramp onto Oxmoor Road
- From I-65 South, take exit 256A and bear to the right onto Oxmoor Road
- Travel .9 of a mile and turn right on Barber Court
- Travel .3 of a mile and turn right on West Valley Avenue
- Travel .4 of a mile and turn left at the traffic light on Robert Jemison Road (Express Oil Change is located at this intersection)
- Travel .6 of a mile and turn left at the Kangaroo Express gas station onto Walter Davis Drive