2017 North County Mayors' Ball
About This Campaign
Your support helps United Way continue funding and building partnerships that change lives for generations! Below are some of the program results you make happen!
• The Power Reading Program has reached THOUSANDS of students providing the tools they need to improve literacy levels averaging better than 2.8 grades in one year, and we continue to build partnerships that impact families and employers.
• The Imagination Library has distributed more than 50,000 books to preschoolers assuring they are better prepared to learn when they start school.
• WALI 2020 Compact represents an unprecedented commitment of individuals and institutions to support significant changes in literacy and workforce readiness to better prepare for college and sustainable careers.
• Mission United provides the tools and assistance our military veterans and their families need to successfully acclimate back to civilian life.
• The Veterans Preservation Corp provides further workforce training to help veterans take advantage of their MOS experience. The VCP training will enable participating veterans to earn a living wage and become self-sufficient.
• And to address the conditions of homelessness in Santa Barbara County the AmeriCorps Partnership and Home for Good SBC are organizing the entire community. More than 30 United Way AmeriCorps members are hard at work with partner organizations throughout the region helping veterans and people experiencing homelessness
Location / Venue
- 505 W. Waller Ln.
- Santa Maria, CA 93455
- Oct 14, 2017 06:00 pm to
- Oct 14, 2017 10:00 pm
Campaign to Support Northern Santa Barbara County United Way
United Way goes beyond temporary fixes to create lasting change that lifts up entire families and communities in our region. We focus on education, income and health, because these are the building blocks for a good quality of life. Donors find opportunities to contribute to these initiatives of change that continue to have a dynamic impact through United Way efforts.
What a wonderful evening with our Mayors, Sponsors, Guests, and Volunteers that made this night one to remember! The room was filled with stars and lights, chatter and laughter, and energy that last late into the evening. I'm already looking forward to 2018 Mayors' Ball.