Unicorn Children's Foundation invites you to participate in our first annual Virtual Golf Tournament that will enable you to play your favorite sport, earn prizes, and help raise funds to support our Foundation. All proceeds raised will help to create cradle to career initiatives that will help kids with special needs excel in the community.
This idea is designed to correspond with the Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) Marathon Golf, which the Unicorn Children’s Foundation is one of the benefiting charities involved. Gary Collins, Partner at Master Club Advisors, will be playing on our behalf. He plays a Marathon by hitting holes of golf all day long; He hit a record 150 holes in 1 day!! Donations raised by participating charities will be matched up to $5,000 by CMAA!
Funds raised from our Virtual Golf Tournament will count towards this CMAA campaign match as a fun way to give, participate and help Unicorn win!
How it works:
1. Create a Foursome
- You assemble a team to play a round of golf (18 holes). Teams can be 1-4 players. You can either play a typical game, or play a marathon! (As many holes as you can play until you get tired)
2. Collect Pledges (Per Hole or Straight Donations)
- Each team will have their own unique fundraising page created for them on our website, with a custom link to it. You can set your own fundraising goal and include any photos, updates, etc. that you want on your page. Unicorn is happy to create and update the page for you; send any information/requests to email@example.com. This is designed so that you can run your own Fundraising campaign on our behalf! Share the custom link to your fundraising page with your friends, family, social media, etc., in an effort to solicit for help in reaching your goal!
- Play at any course of your choosing, anywhere in the world. Can be any date in the month of May ONLY (in order to count towards our CMAA numbers)
- If you need help finding a place to play, contact us!
5. Report results by June 1
- Email Amy your photos of your foursomes and/or action shots to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email Amy your results to email@example.com. How did you do? How many holes did you play?
- Prizes will be awarded in Mid June for: Best Dressed, Most Money Raised, Most Social Media Likes
Level 1: $250-$1,000
- Listed on Unicorn event website and social media as Sponsor
- Prominent acknowledgement in Virtual Golf post-event Press Release
Level 2: $1,001-$2,499
Level 3: $10,000+
Unicorn Children's Foundation is a 27 year old non-profit organization that is dedicated to building communities of acceptance, support, and opportunity for kids and young adults who are challenged by developmental differences by supporting or developing its cradle to career pathways. Our initiatives connect families to community resources, advocate for inclusive opportunities, respect differences, empower individuals, and support success. With 1 in 6 children being diagnosed with a developmental or learning disorder, we believe it is our responsibility to create a world where all children’s potential can flourish. To learn more about the Unicorn Children's Foundation visit http://www.unicornchildrensfoundation.org. Also available on Facebook and Twitter.