Habitat for Humanity of Schenectady County, Inc
Volunteer Release & Waiver of Liability
1. I have voluntarily applied to Habitat for Humanity of Schenectady County (HFHSC) to participate in activities related to their work.
2. I am aware that there is a certain amount of risk inherent in construction and other projects pertaining to the work done by HFHSC.
3. As consideration for being permitted by HFHSC to participate in these activities and use their tools and facilities, I hereby agree that I and my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives will not make claim against, sue or attach the property of HFHSC, or the suppliers of any tools of equipment I will use, for injury or damage resulting from my participation in any HFHSC activities, and I hereby release HFHSC from all actions, claims or demands that I, my assigness, heirs, guardians, or legal representatives now have or may hereafter have for injury or damage resulting from my participation in any HFHSC activities.
4. I hereby release and forever discharge HFHSC from any claims whatsoever which arise or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with participation in HFHSC's work.
5. I understand that although HFHSC carries medical insurance for volunteers, it is considered secondary coverage and my own health insurance is the primary coverage.
6. I agree that this Volunteer Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York and that this agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid by any other court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall continue to be enforced.
7. I hereby agree that HFHSC may use my photographic image of likeness taken from my participation in any HFHSC activities for any purpose including for use in promotional materials and on the internet.