- Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawai'i
- Event - Oahu Disco Bowl For Kids Sake 2016
- Naterniners 2016
- Kendra Chong
The Fundraising Page of Kendra Chong
A Message From Kendra Chong
Aloha and thank you for visiting my fundraising page!
Our mission at Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii is, "To provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever." As a former Big Sister I have been able to experience this firsthand and I believe that my relationship with my Little Brother is evident to this.
4 years ago, I met this shy, little boy who was very to himself and often exercised his 'right to pass'. I had the privilege of getting to know him and being able to see him grow into the confident, young man he is today. He is now off to middle school, excelling in his academics and sports, and even stands taller than me now! Pictured above is my [not so] Little Brother, Dillon. I'd like to think I've had a positive impact on his life... but I have no doubt that he's had a great impact on mine. None of this would have been possible without the thriving mentoring programs at Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii.
I humbly ask you to join me in supporting our keiki in need.
Mahalo in advance for your generosity and support. My story is just one story, and there are so many more to share and create!
raised of $600 goal
Location / Venue
- Aiea Bowl
- 99-115 Aiea Heights Dr.
- Aiea, Hawaii
- 96701, USA
- Sep 10, 2016 09:00 am to
- Sep 17, 2016 11:30 pm
About This Campaign
Here’s how it works:
1) Select the buttons to the right to register a team as a team captain or participate as a bowler. *PLEASE NOTE: the team captain must also join the team as a participant, after creating the team page. Each team of 6 fundraiser-bowers will receive bowling shoes, t-shirts, food tickets, and team photos. Be advised: hilarious team rivalries, outrageous costumes, and all levels of bowling skill (or lack thereof) are encouraged and common.
2) The team captain must choose one of the following time slots on Saturday, September 10th or Saturday, September 17th: 9am-11:30am | 12pm-2:30pm | 3pm-5:30pm | 6pm-8:30pm | 9pm-11:30pm. Don’t forget to arrive 30 minutes before your start time to get settled on your lane, as bowling begins promptly at the beginning of the shift.
3) Registering online will create a personal bowling page that you can send to friends and family or post on social media - have fun with it! Upload a photo, tell people why you are “bowling for kids’ sake,” and ask others to invest in mentoring by making a donation. The goal is for each bowler to raise $100 – that's only $10 from 10 friends! Not to mention, there will be prizes for top fundraisers.
4) Get groooovy at the Disco Bowl for Kids’ Sake! Join us at Aiea Bowl for a party of 70’s music, food, fun, photos, prizes, and of course, bowling. Don’t forget socks!
Fundraising offline? Copy and paste this link into your browser to access our offline fundraising and donation forms: http://www.bbbshawaii.org/offlinefundraisingforms
See you at the lanes!
An anonymous donation of $5 has been made to support Kendra ChongI hope you continue to be an inspiration as a big sister, mentor, and as a teacher. Keep going with all that you have to do and show Bigs and Littles that not only can they dream big, but do bigger.
Fun fact: Did you know that I was matched a total of 3 times?? Here's a throwback with my very first Little, Trinity :)