- Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawai'i
- Event - Oahu Disco Bowl For Kids Sake 2016
- Dennis Brown
The Fundraising Page of Dennis Brown
A Message From Dennis Brown
Hi Friends and Supporters! It's time again for the annual Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl For Kids' Sake fundraiser and as always, I'm participating to raise money for the organization that gave me the very first Big Brother in Hawaii, Henry Sumida, more than 50 years ago. Being the first Little Brother in Hawaii inspired me to go into a career in social services. Who knew that 18 years ago, I'd be hired to lead the organization that helped me overcome adversity as a child. You can see more examples of how a Big Brother or Big Sister impacts the life of a child in the video below. After you stop crying from the video, please consider making a donation that will help us continue serving even more children in Hawaii who can benefit from our one-to-one mentoring programs. Thank you so much and enjoy the video!
raised of $1,500 goal
Location / Venue
- Aiea Bowl
- 99-115 Aiea Heights Dr.
- Aiea, Hawaii
- 96701, USA
- Sep 10, 2016 09:00 am to
- Sep 17, 2016 11:30 pm
About This Campaign
Here’s how it works:
1) Select the buttons to the right to register a team as a team captain or participate as a bowler. *PLEASE NOTE: the team captain must also join the team as a participant, after creating the team page. Each team of 6 fundraiser-bowers will receive bowling shoes, t-shirts, food tickets, and team photos. Be advised: hilarious team rivalries, outrageous costumes, and all levels of bowling skill (or lack thereof) are encouraged and common.
2) The team captain must choose one of the following time slots on Saturday, September 10th or Saturday, September 17th: 9am-11:30am | 12pm-2:30pm | 3pm-5:30pm | 6pm-8:30pm | 9pm-11:30pm. Don’t forget to arrive 30 minutes before your start time to get settled on your lane, as bowling begins promptly at the beginning of the shift.
3) Registering online will create a personal bowling page that you can send to friends and family or post on social media - have fun with it! Upload a photo, tell people why you are “bowling for kids’ sake,” and ask others to invest in mentoring by making a donation. The goal is for each bowler to raise $100 – that's only $10 from 10 friends! Not to mention, there will be prizes for top fundraisers.
4) Get groooovy at the Disco Bowl for Kids’ Sake! Join us at Aiea Bowl for a party of 70’s music, food, fun, photos, prizes, and of course, bowling. Don’t forget socks!
Fundraising offline? Copy and paste this link into your browser to access our offline fundraising and donation forms: http://www.bbbshawaii.org/offlinefundraisingforms
See you at the lanes!