- UCLA UniCamp
- 13th Annual UCLA UniCamp Camp-A-Thon
- Core Lessons in Mind and Body 2015
- Cameron "Kiwi" Wu
The Fundraising Page of Cameron "Kiwi" Wu
A team fundraising campaign for UCLA UniCamp
A Message From Cameron "Kiwi" Wu
Dear friends and family,
As some of you may already know, this year, I am volunteering as a CLIMB (Core Lessons in Mind and Body) advisor for one of UniCamp's Older Camper Programs. Our camp focuses on leadership development combined with outcome-based programming to encourage campers to return to their communities as leaders. CLIMB furthers this by using climbing-related exercises and metaphors to facilitate growth for these kids on the personal and group levels. We teach:
1. Slack line: walking a line that is a little elevated. Developing balance, both mentally and physically, which will be correlated to that in life and finding a middle ground.
2. Climbing: learning strength, movement, and control of body.
3. Belaying: control of body. Relying on others to support you down a climb and later doing the same for the other members of C.L.I.M.B. and the campers they will be advising. Learn the importance of responsibility and development of trust.
4. Anchors: emphasis on safety and the ability to take secure risks.
5. Repelling: put complete control in the hands of the campers. Furthering the concept of being in control of your own life.
However, the only way UniCamp can fulfill its mission is through the generous donations of its supporters. As such, I'm reaching out to you, dear Facebook friends, to support me in this mission. All donations are tax-deductible and go toward supporting an amazing cause.
Thank you all so, so, so much ahead of time for your donations. You're all great!
Cameron "Kiwi" Wu
raised of $1,800 goal
Location / Venue
- UCLA Sunset Canyon Recreation Center
- Los Angeles
- 90024, USA
- May 17, 2015 07:00 am to
- Mar 05, 2015 11:00 pm
About This Campaign
All proceeds from this event go towards sending under-served youth to camp this summer. The student’s goal this year is to raise $290,000. This will help UCLA UniCamp give over 1,300 campers a summer camping experience.
Join us in this great cause. UCLA UniCamp is a tradition at UCLA that is entering its 80th summer of camp. Every year there are hundreds of under-served children that may not be dreaming of a bright future. Help us provide these kids with the tools to change their stars and give them the chance to dream big and succeed. Thank you in advance for your interest and your contribution.
An anonymous donation of $45 has been made to support Cameron "Kiwi" Wuin support of helping Kiwi fly