Collection of Information
Giveffect Inc. uses Personally Identifiable Information for several general purposes:
- to provide you with the Site, service information, and news,
- to support the Site and services offered on or through the Site,
- to contact you for feedback about our services,
- to conduct research about Giveffect's customer base or services,
- to personalize your experience,
- to process your payments including credit checks and collection,
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy,
- to improve the Giveffect website and nonprofit tools,
- to improve customer service, or
- to contact you for our own marketing and promotional purposes, or
- to process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions and fulfill any related awards or discounts.
- We may use non-Personally Identifiable Information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and further improve the Site and our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Giveffect is committed to protecting Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access and destruction. Giveffect takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information.
Giveffect offers the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to other sites. Giveffect is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects Personally Identifiable Information.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf or to provide advertising-related services. These companies may use a cookie or an action tag, to tailor the advertisements you see on this Website and other sites, to track your response to their advertisement, to determine whether advertising has been served and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising or to award incentives or points to their members who respond to their advertisements. The cookies, action tags or similar files do not contain any Personal Information.
You can learn more about targeted advertising, its benefits and your choices by going to the Digital Advertising Alliance site at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/. The targeted advertising companies we work with are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the DAA. The NAI and the DAA allow you to limit targeted advertising from its members by using an opt-out tool available on the NAI website at networkadvertising.org or the DAA’s site.
We may also use third parties to provide measurement and analytic services. You can find more information on Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Social Media Features and Widgets
1069 Spring Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
Last Updated: December 8, 2015